Any ideas - Low level Shower tray waste is right on top of joist

Any ideas - of the best way forward at the cheapest costs ??

I need a low level shower tray for my disabled wifes access.

If I notch the joist for the waste it will reduce the joist by 3 inches thickness, which is also only 3ft from the end of the joist.

As the cubicle is glass and is of a fair old weight, I need to strength it somehow.

Any ideas

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
wrestler

thickness, which is also only 3ft from the end of the joist.

steel braces screwed to (what's left of) joist (or under it).

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

hickness, which is also only 3ft from the end of the joist.

left, right or middle and between 145 and 220 from the edge of the tray if near one edge. Any chance you can get a different tray, I used a 25mm high tray!

Reply to
steve.jones

Can it be raised up at all, or is it a case of needing to be as low as posible for access?

hickness, which is also only 3ft from the end of the joist.

Turn it through 90, 180 or 270 degrees and adapt the pipework.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Agree with that. The other point which isn't quite clear is whether you only need to notch one joist, or several adjacent ones. You can probably be a bit more relaxed if your joist is between two "good" ones.

Reply to
newshound