Any idea of baxi condesers.

Buttons? None on the Hxi

Had a low head situation. The manual says with a two pipe feed and vent F&E tank a min of 1000 mm is needed from bottom of tank to top of boiler. A one pipe combined feed and vent pipe can be fitted, and a new heading is in the manual (4.8) for this, but only a reference to BS 5449 is given. Every other company gives a low head venting arrangement: Potterton, Baxi, Ideal, etc, with Potterton Promax giving two diagrams on how to do it. I asked their tech dept what theirs was. They said we don't have one as we have never tested the boiler on a low head, so 1000mm as in the manual or we don't support the boiler. I said to them the manual does not say 1000mm, it just refers to BS 5449 in a separate manual heading 4.8, the 1000mm being only for a two pipe arrangement in another heading which is clearly not applicable to a one pipe combined feed and vent. I said, then as you have directed us to BS 5449, then whatever that says goes as you have not countered BS5449 as Potterton and Ideal have in their manuals. They said, er, er, er. I said the you will then support the boiler if anything goes wrong, and cut the conversation.

Also the manual says a condensate connection is in the packaging. Their is not. It has been discontinued. I asked for one to be sent, they sent the gas tap.

The older manual gave the flue diameter, the updated one never. Duh!

The fault diagnosis chart does not mention the high limit thermistor has a reset button when fault F5 comes up. It is mentioned but way back in the manual in a different section.

The boiler has been improved and the originally poor manual has not at all.

Nice boiler.....lousy manual writers and company it appears.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That's right, potentiometers on the HXi - buttons on the EcoMax Pro though.

Angus

Reply to
Fentoozler