Any good websites for advice/instructions for laying laminate?

I'm going to embark on a project of laying laminate in our sitting room/lounge (approx 7m x 3.5m). I was going to just pay someone to do it but everyone I know who's paid someone else, haven't been too impressed with the result.

I have searched a bit, but only found sites that give a couple paragraphs of advice - I need something a bit more in depth! So if anyone knows any good sites so that I can swot up on before I start, I would be grateful!!

Reply to
Neil

The3rd Earl Of Derby

You're going to need one of these if its the click laminate.

The price is about average as thats what I paid in a local shed,although not all sheds sell this particular type.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

That site promotes a bodge of the highest order!

In the "what you will need" section it includes the hateful "beading" to cover the expansion gaps, and not a mention of the proper way which is of course to remove skirting and replace after laying the laminate.

Maybe the advice is aimed at the "pro" installer who is keen to get in, do the job and get out quick. For the DIYer with a bit of time on his hands, there's no substitute for doing it properly.

In my experience, the instructions on the box have been pretty comprehensive (have only used Pergo products so I guess the instructions may be of variable quality).

Regards,

Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

I think you'll find a lot of people use the beading method rather than make a mess of taking the skirting off.

In fact I've done several laminate jobs and only two wanted it underneath the skirting.

Don't knock the site just because of this as it is an informative site.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby