Any experience of "Plug-in Pest-Free"?

Has anyone any experience of using a product called Plug-in Pest-Free? It's a small box that plugs into a 13-amp socket and is claimed to drive away rodents. To quote from

:

"The PestFree Plug is built around a computer chip which is ... programmed to alter the electromagnetic field, which is produced by the mains electricity as it flows around your wiring. This is normally 50Hz which is perfectly acceptable to Rats, Mice etc. and Housebound insects such as cockroaches. The change which Pest Free Plug produces in the electromagnetic frequency disturbs the equilibrium of all household pests to such an extent that they no longer EAT or BREED and, most importantly, try to get away from this disturbance as quickly as possible."

It is claimed to have no effect on other electrical equipment.

The implication of the sentence which mentions 50Hz is that it alters the mains frequency!

Is this (a) possible, and (b) safe for other equipment? And (c) does it work?

Reply to
Richard J.

Hehe...that's really funny...

If the unit did emit EM fields strong enough to have any impact on any living creature, it would need NRPB approval. If that were the case, it would pose a measurable threat to human health.

Since it doesn't emit EM at those levels, it's extremely unlikely your rodents would notice.

Might very well descale your water though.

Reply to
Grunff

Don't need to read any further - it's snake oil. But IMM will be along in a minute to say his one works.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Grunff wrote in news:bg913m$mfake$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-152899.news.uni-berlin.de:

Me water's fine - it's me pipes, doc

mike r

Reply to
Mike Ring

electromagnetic

To be honest and blunt. They're garbage. My sister bought one from a salesman who told her all the gumpf you've read about. Now my sister lives in a country cottage and it gets quite crowded there with all the little things that run around.

Well she plugged this thing in and set it to work and I'm buggered if the mice still didn't eat everything in sight and bred like rabbits all through the winter.

So I'll repeat. They're garbage.

Reply to
BigWallop