Any Earlex workshop vac owners? Compatibility of accessories.

Can anyone out there with an Earlex workshop vac confirm that the hose/ canister mounting is like this:

need a widebore hose for a Lavor vac (shown in the pic). I know Earlex do them but haven't had any luck tracking down a Lavor one but I think they might be interchangeable.

Thanks in advance if anyone can confirm.

Reply to
mike

The items in the picture looks similar to my Nilfisk unit. What's the ID of the hose socket? Just obtained a large diameter hose for my Nilfisk unit after throwing my dummy out of the county over the ridiculously restrictive hose supplied as standard. What I'm saying is that Nilfisk might have what you need. I can measure the ID of the hose socket on my unit if you wish.

Richard

Reply to
RJS

There isn't any bayonet type gubbins on my Earlex of roughly 5 years ago. The hose just wedges in.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Would this be, by any chance, the infamous Lavor "Little Willy" cleaner? If so then it doesn't fit the Earlex hoses[1]. And TBH given that the Lavor is fairly rubbish and the Earlex cheap, I'd just go and buy an Earlex.

[1] I own both and the Lavor is going to be shipped to the great dump in the sky soon.
Reply to
Steve Firth

Ah, thanks, would be great if you could.

The outside diameter of the hose is 55mm, the single bayonet/nipple is

4mm diameter and it's 12mm from the end of the tube.
Reply to
mike

Not sure about it being the "Little Willy" as I've only ever used it as a vacuum and never as any kind of sex toy. It's a 2200W GN-32 with power take-off and it's done sterling service over ten years so I really can't complain.

Reply to
mike

Thanks for that. I just found the Earlex hose on the TLC website - which has specs that Earlex's own website lacks - and it seems the hose is 60mm OD and therefore incompatible.

Reply to
mike

Mine has lasted for 10 years, but I'm fairly sure that for 9.5 of those years it has just made a noise and not actually done much cleaning. YMMV.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hello Mike

I don't think that the Nilfisk hose is going to work for you. The socket in the cleaner is 57mm ID while the hose plug is 58mm OD. The actual ID of the hose seems to be 38mm.

Pictures should be here:

Oh, and I didn't notice the need for a bayonet fitting.

Sorry

Richard

Reply to
RJS

Ah well, thanks very much for checking and getting back to me.

I phoned Lavor today and they said they didn't do wide bore hoses for the lower end models so it looks like I'll either have to invest in an Earlex or hit the hire shop.

Reply to
mike