Any Combi better than the rest? Here's the list....

Hi everyone,
Our plumber has dropped off details of the shortlist he'd recommend for our new combi boiler, which will be supplying two public rooms, four bedrooms and two toilets, as well as a bath and a power shower ( not all drawing off water at once, I have to say ! ).
All are apparently in a similar price range and litre/min supply ( approx 12 )
Shortlist is:
Glowworm 30 CI Potterton Performa 28 Ferroli Modena 102
Has anyone any opinions either way, or any other names they'd care to suggest?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Dave.
--
Dave Jennings
'89 VS 1400, '99 ZX6R

Not bad. A decent boiler.

Avoid like the plague.

A very good boiler. It does not have a 3-way valve and hence very reliable.

✖
IMM wrote:

That was the installers recommendation - but. cynic that I am, I thought I'd ask the NG what they thought!

Noted.
Aha. Never heard of them, so was dubious. Is this preferable to the Glowworm, or is it pretty even in your opinion?
Thanks a lot for your advice, I appreciate it.
Regards,
Dave.
--
Dave Jennings
'89 VS 1400, '99 ZX6R

Glow Worm have a cashback incentive, so his opinion may clouded by profit.

The reliable plate-to-plate heat exchanger of this powerful 30kW combi provides superior levels of performance. The 30ci will deliver 12.1 L/min while still maintaining the impressive quiet operation of the ci range. Fully compliant with the latest legislation on energy efficiency, the 30ci has achieved a SEDBUK ‘D’ rating. This larger 30kW boiler comes equipped with many added features. On-board diagnostics and digital displays provide for serviceability and usability. Fitted as standard within the 30ci is an inbuilt filling loop, frost protection and anti-seizure controls. The ‘Eco’ setting on the 30ci provides households with an increased level of energy saving. A pre-fixing jig is supplied for ease of installation. Extensive flueing options are a feature of all new Glow-worm boilers, allowing greater flexibility in installation. <<<

Modena 102 FF (Reference #113201) Range rated output 12.7 - 30 kW 43,000 - 102,360 Btu/h
Dimensions Height 720mm* Depth 360mm Width 460mm
Lift weight 36 Kg
Domestic hot water flow rates 12.28 litres/min(2.73 gals/min) at 35°C temperature rise
Control System AutoMiser self-regulating control system automatically governs gas consumption in line with system demand
PRICE INCLUDES BOILER, CLOCK, FLUE & DELIVERY
Price ex VAT: £515.00 £605.13 Including VAT at 17.5%
With combi's the flowrate is what matters. The Modena 102 is 12.28 litres/min. The Glow Worm is 12.1 L/min. If the pump fails the Modena will still provide hot water.
Make sure a phosphor descaler IS FITTED on the cold mains supply (not to drinking supply).
I would go for the Ferroli as the auomiser gas control is good.

✖
IMM wrote:
Hi IMM,
Excellent advice, many thanks.
The Ferroli's the one I'll go for then - I assume they have a good reliability rate too?
Regards,
Dave.
--
Dave Jennings
'89 VS 1400, '99 ZX6R

The company that has a service contract (and other makers too), the guys there say it is very reliable and gives little trouble.

✖
writes

Should you not have put that in quotes?
--