Any Chemist on the forum

As well as soap and solvents, other additive possibly silver nitrate

ans-Than-Evaporation

Probably make a few litres from 20g

Decanoic acid looks like might work wrong way round in warm engine

Adam Aglionby

MSDS has changed , used to show sulfamic acid apparently

Adam Aglionby

Followed some threads from that link .... lots of people raving about using vinegar (20% strength) in a 10% mix with flush water.

Maybe they previously used sulfamic acid as a way to get it acidic.

Now PH is only mildly acidic from the TSP

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Only thing I can think of better than water for dissolving salt is hot water...

Some additives might bond to the steel and prevent corrosion (like central heating inhibitors do). Would need to be something which doesn't 'lubricate' braking surfaces, and doesn't count as a polutant when washed into the waterway.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

What are these boats sites? It sounds like an interesting hobby, I'd like to find out more.

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen