Ants

I guessed we probably did (being one myself!!?) which was why I put in my caveat.

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Well I suspect that they may be able to work this one out. However, swarm is a perfectly acceptable collective noun for ant according to English Language (although I agree, it's not the most common).

it out.

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Humm, I thought the orginal thread was about killing ants.

Reply to
Scott Mills

Indeed. But someone mentioned a figure of speech.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

you haven't seen me when I'm tickled!

Reply to
NoSpamThanks

Are the wires going into the wall or coming out of the wall?!

And did they get it fixed?

Probably used an IP56 [1] when it should have been an IP78?

All the best ..

T i m

[1] Insect proof
Reply to
T i m

You never gave me the chance :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:4096211b$0$8566 $ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

"Someone" seemed confused about what the OP meant by "swarming with" ants.

I'm surprised that that someone let the typo in the previous sentence pass unchallenged

mike

Reply to
mike ring

In message , Andy Hall writes

... And a computer simulation

Reply to
geoff

In message , Capitol writes

S'warm - what one says before fitting air conditioning

s'cold - what the same people say 2 months later when they find out that their central heating has stopped working

ants?

wossat?

Reply to
geoff

One goes in and one comes out. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

Most wiring is generally not moving.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Wasn't there an ant powder called Derris Dust? I seem to remember it was totally useless, hence the phrase "Ant & Derris" which referred to any useless product (later shortened to "Ant & Dec").

(sorry, but it is 5 a.m.)

&rew L.
Reply to
Andrew L.

In message , Ian Stirling writes

only if you stick to the macro-level

Reply to
NoSpamThanks

"geoff" wrote | >We have scientists and engineers here, and one or two artists | >as well :-) | ... And a computer simulation

Please, of what is IMM a computer simulation?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

But much less so than humans.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

You really have no feeling at all about causing such cruelty and harm?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Excellent. Someone else who has reservations about harming even such lowly creatures as ants. If more of the world's population cared about it's residents in this way we perhaps wouldn't cause such destruction to the planet.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Depends on what you call lowly. They're more successful than humans ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Dave, what do you think is the most satisfying way to get rid of human pests? You know, those who build their homes where animals have lived for a very long time - before Man had the arrogance to think he had rights over everything else?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher