Anti-vandal paint to deter cats? (2023 Update)

Ethylene glycol antifreeze causes kidney failure, amongst other things.

Skipweasel

Suggest you try downing a pint of it first so you feel the effects for yourself.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

*like*
Reply to
Bob Eager

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Mark saying something like:

Here's the trick. Do it to one of mine and avoid getting your head seriously kicked in.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Eh? It's not as if I'm in favour of using it to poison cats - we've got two of our own. We also have a litter tray which at least one of them uses. Though at 23 that's more likely 'cos she's too idle to go outside than any feline fastidiousness.

The antifreeze was someone else's idea - I just answered the question about what it did.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Sorry, wasn't aimed at you but at the idiots who advocate poisoning pets as a solution.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon wrote

The simplicity of the anti-freeze solution is that the person putting out this tasty treat is unlikely to be found out.

Reply to
Alan

-------------------- It shows the selfish attitude of cat owners, that it is all right for their pests to shit where they like. I had words with neighbour about this and told her that I would shit on her doorstep in return - not long after they moved away! The anti-freeze trick is too well known in my area. The vets now check for that when receiving a report of a dead cat. Another Alan

Reply to
Roberts

And the rest of the animals? I have foxes in my garden at night, should I kill them? Birds shit on my house windows and on my car should I shoot them? A magpie killed a sparrow in my garden not long ago, should I kill magpies? A heron ate my neighbours fish, should herons be on the kill list?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Reply to
Mark

We have a cat, the neighbours have a cat, the ones across the way have one too. Christ only knows where they shit. I've never seen them do it and never come across any of it. We also have a Fox and several other examples of wild life displaced from across the way here they've cleared all the trees for housing.

Some starlings and sparrows have take up residence in our eves, do I turf them all out. Where are they going to go ?. They do seem to spend quite a lot of time weeding our lawn of insects and dodging the Cats attentions. Perhaps all those mice he finds also deserve to live where shall we stop;?..

Perhaps we just ought to slaughter the whole lot then?...

Reply to
tony sayer

That's because they always shit in my garden. If you give your address I'll post it to you.

If you keep your cats closer to home they may scare the birds you don't want away, rather than scaring all the birds from someone else's garden who might actually want birds :-(

Reply to
Mark

Well, exactly. Cats are fastidious. If you have the kind of garden where every inch is cultivated to perfection, perhaps a re-run of "Ever Decreasing Circles" would be appropriate.

We also have a Fox and several other

My grand daughter thinks that lions and sharks should be wiped off the face of the earth, but then she is only eight years old.

Reply to
stuart noble

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Mark saying something like:

That was a generic 'you', btw. For all I know, you might be a non cat-poisoner.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Reply to
Roberts

I am an animal lover not just a cat lover. You would get your head kicked in if you had a shit in my garden or even threatened to as you know how to use a toilet.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , ARWadsworth wrote

And with a bit of research cat owners would know how to restrict the roaming of their pets to their own gardens.

As you are fully prepared to kick someone's head in for threatening to shit on your property why are you so opposed to those who suggest the same for the cats that actually do it in other peoples gardens?

Reply to
Alan

As you well know the antifreeze would kill any cat that drank it. You would be liable for prosecution. Your comment is an invitation for committing a criminal act.

Reply to
Pussington

replying to Mr Pounder, Mrponder wrote: Then you are a c.unt

Reply to
Mrponder

Can you get anti cat paint to deter vandls though? The best vandal control is a flame thrower, but it seems they are not legal to use. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff