Anti-Perching spikes.

Does anybody know how effective these things are:

'm hoping to deter pigeones from perching on the ridge of the conservatory and sh......g on it. Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Donwill saying something like:

Those Cobbler Pigeons are right noisy bastards, sitting up and hammering nails in all night long.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

When you see them used on buildings they look pretty effective but the slightest gap and there is often a matching stain down the walls. I used something similar but plastic on the ridge of our garden swing and the seat is now sh*t free. It is called bird comb and available from places that sell upvc cladding and roofline plastic products.

like this

cheaper too!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Just to add, the fingers are at about 110 degree to the fixing face so two lengths in parallel make a V like strip similar to the screw fix picture.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Some houses across the road from me that face a park with a lake were troubled with gulls. The metal spikes (Screwfix type) have worked well for the last 3 of 4 years with no sign of falling off or deteriorating

Reply to
John

This sort of thing was fitted on the sills at work a while ago and we seem to have a lot fewer pigeons and a lot less of their by-products around the place. Mind you, at the same time, they did manage to encourage some falcons to take up residence, so that would've helped things along quite a bit......

Reply to
GMM

Thanks for that Bob, I'll bite the bullet and get tham fived up. BTW the Myford has had very liitle work to date, mainly perspex, but in time !!! :-) Don

Reply to
Donwill

Many thanks for all the contributions, I have purchased a pack of 10 and hope to fix them this week.

Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill

Same as most such things - they're effective in making them go elsewhere. So how far is "elsewhere", and is that enough? Also any gap or remaining perch space could still be popular.

Reply to
Andy Dingley