anti fungal paint additive

Hi all,

I have a bad black mould problem and am going to have to redecorate several rooms.... I have found some Dulux trade antifungal white emulsion which will do the ceilings but would like to do something about the walls. Does anyone know of an additive that could be added to standard emulsions, or a treatment that would use to inhibit the return of the mould. I've spent a lot of effort with mould cleaner and scrubbing to remove it and I would like to keep it away as long as possible.

Thanks for any ideas,

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Waites

That's the wrong fix. You need to find out why it's forming and cure the cause. Most likely it's condensation, caused by poor ventilation and/or excessive moisture production and/or uneven heating and/or poor insulation.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yes, find the cause and deal with it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hi all,

Yes we have dealt with the cause, as you say it is condensation. The concrete floors have been sealed, polystyrene added to the external walls, and extra air bricks added... The thing is that once you've got the spores they come back... The ceilings are artex so it is a sod to clean once the mould comes back... Even to a small degree so I want to finish things off with paint that may discourage the mould as some small amounts of condensation does return.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Waites

Glad you have actually done the sensible thing.

I assume that this special Dulux paint is only available in white? If that is the problem, you could always use the same but add pigments as needed. Not sure what is availabkle where but I have seen some suitable pigments in some of the sheds. (It is not entirely impossible that a paint shop might use their colour mixer facility to help you.) Obviously limits the range of colours compared with the full ranges available in 'normal' paints and it might take a bit of experimentation.

Reply to
Rod

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Spam complaints sent to O2 online and Sky (just in case you've already transferred).

Reply to
fred

Add Silver Shield Antibacterial Paint Additive to your washable water based paint, and you will have permanently antibacterial painted walls. Silver S hield is concentrated and will last the lifetime of the paint. Completely h armless to humans but will kill 99.99% of all bacteria on contact. Add Silv er Shield to any Acrylic gloss, Emulsion, interior or exterior wall paint, water based fence or decking stain/paint, tile grout or any other building material that you want to protect against mold or mildew - SILVER SHIELD WI LL ELIMINATE MOLD AND WILL PERMANENTLY PREVENT BACTERIA, MOLD SPORES AND VI RUSES FROM MULTIPLYING, AND WILL LAST THE LIFETIME OF THE TREATED SURFACE - FOREVER. Add just 2ml per litre of paint or kilo of grout, mix very thorou ghly to ensure even distribution. Silver Shield is colourless, odourless an d completely safe for use in childrens rooms, hospitals, surgeries, food pr eparation areas, toilets etc. Silver Shield works, it has been thoroughly t ried and tested, meets ISO 22196:2011 for hygiene. Silver Shield is complet ely inert to humans and animals, just billions of silver particles that whe n in contact with microbes will completely prevent them from reproducing, t hus they will die out in small numbers before becoming unsightly and hazard ous moldy patches. THIS 10ml DISPENSER IS ENOUGH FOR 5 litres of water base d paint or 5 kilo's of grout.

I sell this product and have used it several times. Anyone who uses Silver Shield as instructed, has my personal personal guarantee that it works, if you look up silver ions, nano silver, or silver particles on any scientific report you will see the simple science behind how Silver Shield Antibacter ial Paint Additive works.

Reply to
silvershieldpaintadditives

Be aware that harry has given this a five star review on amazon so its probably wrong.

Reply to
dennis

Why not just make your own aditive?

alan_m

/I sell this product and have used it several times. Anyone who uses Silver Shield as instructed, has my personal personal guarantee that it works, if y..../q

Does it still come with matching foil hat and underwear?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

In article , alan_m writes

Well there's a first, useful info arising from 6yr old thread resurrection spam.

You gotta love Big Clive, he's up to all sorts of interesting stuff. Careful attention to soldering required so as to avoid creating your own lead rich drink :-)

I certainly will be avoiding that Silver Shield crap like the plague.

Thanks for the link.

Reply to
fred

Bollix. I never buy anything off the internet. Or do anything with money.

Reply to
harryagain

[...]

The above is bollix. You have a damp problem that needs to be eliminated.. (Probably condensation.) Probably by ventilation, at source is best. (extractor fans in showers/cooker hoods. etc.) You might want to look at the house insulation in general too.

To get rid of the black mould, you can buy an algicide from any builders merchant. Or even bleach. Some algicides are persistent (hence lastlonger) Then redecorate. using anti fungal paint is good

Reply to
harryagain

Used as directed it can produce some "intersting" (Chinese usage) effects - see agryia. Used to be an uncommmon industrial disease of silver miners and workers who were insufficiently respectful of it.

Now it is appearing in New Age worried well health freaks!

Reply to
Martin Brown

The rare incidence of argyria makes it one of the safest bug killers on the planet.

NT

Reply to
meow2222
3 of 4 people found the following review helpful Good product if it works, quick delivery. By Trevor on 24 Sep 2014 Verified Purchase Quick delivery and I've now added this product to internal bathroom and bed room ceilings, bedroom walls and outside walls mixed in with Dulux WeatherS hield. Only time will tell if it works OK, hope to add post by December on inside walls and ceilings as we'd normally experience mould by that time of year.

What's really good about this product, (if it works), is that you can mix i t with any colour paint whereas the Ronseal anti-mould paint only comes in white as far as I'm aware, and the Dulux bathroom products with it built it are a bit pricey.

1 Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No 1 of 2 people found the following review helpful fingers crossed By Mr. M. Reynolds on 14 May 2014 Verified Purchase Quick delivery, easy to mix with paint, hard to say about effectiveness, on ly time will tell. "Fingers crossed" it works Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No 1 of 2 pe> >
Reply to
silvershieldpaintadditives

On Saturday, December 13, 2014 8:15:19 AM UTC, Dennis@home wrote:

4 of 5 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Anti Bacterial Paint costs about £80 for 5 litres..... .., 1 Mar 2013 By Mr. Harry Palmer "Kitchen Painter" (West London) - See all my reviews This review is from: Silver Shield Antibacterial Paint Additive (Misc.) All of the big paint makers sell an antibacterial paint. Many of them, all fully tested contain zillions of "Silver Ions". Silver has been used for ce nturies to protect from bacteria, the Egyptians stored water in silver cont ainers to prevent algie and contamination. Cowboys in the Texas cattle ranc hes used to put Silver Dollars into the water barrels to keep the water fre sh. They didn't know why it worked, it just did. To buy paint with a silver content that will kill almost all bacteria and v irus incuding MRSA, E-Coli and others, in fact more than 99.99% of germs th at come into contact with the painted surface, will cost around £80 for a 5 litre can, the same paint without the silver ion content is about half t he price. Other manufacturers, non-brand names such as DIY store "own brands" only co st about £15 to £20 pounds for 5 litres. Many are very good paints, was hable, nice colours and coat well with only one or two coats. You can convert this "cheaper" paint into Antibacterial Paint by adding Sil ver Shield Antibacterial Paint Additive, it's colourless, easy to mix in an d concentrated to match or outperform even the most expensive brands. For u nder £15 including P&P for the additive and £20 for the paint you'll ha ve top quality antibacterial paint of your choice for only about £35. tha t's well under half price !! Happy decorating. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Report abuse | Permalink Comment Comment 1 of 1 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says., 7 May 2014 By Mick B. - See all my reviews Verified Purchase(What is this?) This review is from: Silver Shield Antibacterial Paint Additive (Misc.) Kept mould at bay up to now. Was easy to mix into existing farrow and ball paint to touch up affected areas. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Report abuse | Permalink Comment Comment
Reply to
silvershieldpaintadditives

/By Mr. Harry Palmer "Kitchen Painter" (West London) -/q

Snip bullshit spam

2 minute Google

Come on martin ffs.

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

lol

Reply to
meow2222

Does anyone know if you can add the anti-fungus/ mold additives to a mist coat on new plaster and then paint over it with normal emulsion?

also a lot of the data sheets for the additives have severe health warnings - are they safe?

thanks

rob

Reply to
skyarklay