Another year

That's PMT.

Reply to
ARW

On Thursday 14 November 2013 19:00 ARW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Apparantly it's me now!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yup.

Have started on the first major DIY project in this house (8 years - though been thinking about it a lot, was originally going to be done about 3 years ago...)

Redoing an old bathroom (moslty redundant, was used as spare room really, was done in the late 60's - first bathroom the house had)

But it's not been a straightforward refit, seems to have taken for ever so far, as every job breeds complications, it has remionded me why I've been putting it off. :-). First I wanted to convert the gravity HW to pumped, so replumbing of that, another pump, valves, controls, rewired etc. ended up putting a new F&E tank in loft. Fit new rad in bathroom. Drain, fill with x400, draina gain a few weeks later, refill. Replaced mains stop c*ck

New cold feed to airing cupboard - in a house of two old building where lofts don't join (through a 4M long loft space can hardly get in and via a devious route round chimmney breast, through a bedroom wall and up into loft) laid in 2 new pipe runs for potential ensuite as well) moved hot feed connection onto a different cold water cistern, added some gate valves. plumbed in shower pump, (essex flange on the tank).

Pulled out old visible pipework, rerouted mains run to loft under bathroom floor, new hot and cold run for neighbouring WC and downstairs WC. Run pipes for stuff in bathroom around wall (will be hidden) and under floor.

Need to studwall around a wonky chimney breast for shower enclosure, sort out another bad wall, maybe dryline it. patch another one, sort out the drainage for a new toilet (not one in their before) then can actually start on the fitting out :-)

And when it is all done, I've got to rip out the currently used, not quite so old bathroom and turn that back into a bedroom. Big room, and tiles all the way round, will mean re plastering I imagine

Reply to
chris French

I used to walk through it on daily basis. It was a convenient shortcut when coming down Kingsway. In on the Aldwych entrance, down the stairs and out through the Strand entrance. There used to be a BBC shop in there.

Reply to
Andrew May

You may be right it may be the oldest engineering society rather than department. Department was 175 yrs old when it closed in June.

Reply to
Andrew May

I can only sympathise: Very similar reasons have stolen most of 2013 from me too and that certainly isn't going to change this side of christmas. Clearly time to think of some new year resolutions about work/life balance.

Reply to
GMM