Another tape easure to me belt. :-)

Didn't see the tape measure in with the trowel set from Aldi on sunday...£5.99/

Tis a big trowel. ;-)

Reply to
George

I was surprised when the tape came out of the box for that price as well :)

Reply to
EricP

EricP coughed up some electrons that declared:

Been too busy admiring my now large collection of SDS core cutters and misc bits to even open the box of trowells!

Reply to
Tim S

What sizes are the core cutters? The ad for 'em didn't have that crucial bit of information.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I can understand that!

Fortunately I didn't have enough dosh to go home with those as well.

Reply to
EricP

Dave Liquorice coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hi Dave,

OK - just got them out.

Here, in mm:

107 dia x 150 long 52 dia x 150 long 28 dia x 300 long

Two arbors for the biggest two, SDS+ and hex.

28mm core is hex only (welded in).

All come in a nice pseudo flight case.

The chisel/drill set are worth having too IMO:

110mm long, dias: 5,6,8,10 160mm long, dias: 6,8,10,12 210mm long, dias: 8,10 260mm long, dias: 12,14

Flat chisels 143 x 20

247 x 20 247 x 40

Point chisels 143 and 247 long

The only bits I need to get separately are a cranked wide tile remover and a gouging/chasing bit for the parts wall chasers do not reach :)

I got the trowells and a tarp too, as well as the 8kg SDS and came out only

96 pounds lighter - for the amount of boxes I had, it was the best bit of shopping I've done for a long time.

Went to Sittingbourne (E Kent) this time, loads of everything there.

BTW, the long SDS drills on the web site, there are actually 2 types in the shop. One set are about 1.5 ft long, the other set are a good yard long should you have the need to drill insanely long holes!

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

EricP coughed up some electrons that declared:

Now I'm equipped, SWMBO thinks I should actually do some work ;-o

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Thanks.

Damn, not big enough to take 110mm waste or 4" vent duct. That's what I want one for.

No 7mm. Guess what size SDS drill I wanted the other day and I was surprised to find I didn't have. The brown wall plugs I have use a 7mm hole.

The wider flat chisel might be useful I have a lip on a concrete floor that needs removing.

Our nearest is Penrith 20+ miles away. Might be passing that way on Friday but doesn't look worth it really.

Nothing insane about a hole that deep when you have solid stone walls. The thinest here are well over a foot the thicker bits are over 2'. I already have a set of yard long SDS drills.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Tim S writes

I've always found that to be a problem too...

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Dave Liquorice coughed up some electrons that declared:

Me too, but I thunk it will easily cut a bit oversized in my soft bricks. Based on your later comments, *if* you have stone it might be a bit dicey.

Try CPC and search for "SDS core" - they have a fairly inexpensive set with a a 117mm dia core plush others for 58 quid. There's another set with a

127mm bit.

Heh, ALDI obviously don't like you this week ;-|

Yeah - I've stayed in Devon longhouses like that.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

how unreasonable of her :(

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Some of us suffer Tyranny like that. :((

I have just been presented with a spade to dig post holes. I am hoping for rain. The Great Dictator is merciful when it rains.

Reply to
EricP