Another Sad read (PHI Jan 2004)

Page 2 of 2

http://tinyurl.com/2wq26

Er - it's a matter of choice ...
We did have one then realised we weren't watching it so cancelled the licence.
As I've said before hereabouts, engendering guffaws, my evenings are too precious to spend sitting in front of a screen ...
Mary

I thought I was making a merry quip!
Mary

Same thing. I was going to say ironic until I read a literary rant in the Guardian about how people say things are ironic when they should say sarcastic.

Andrew

"Andrew" wrote | >> > They advertise on TV too. | >> We don't have one ... | >Commiserations. Argos do some cheap ones. | >http://tinyurl.com/2wq26 | Much cheaper than PC's too, and arguably more 'entertaining'
I'm a celebrity get me out of here now / live / tuffers reveals all / celebrity fat club is more 'entertaining', with or without quotes, than debates on university degrees, loft insulation, jorgensen press screws, trying to electrocute myself and what is an sds drill? There's just no comparison!
Owain

I didn't understand the first part of all that but the second part is without compare.
Mary

"Mary Fisher" wrote | "Owain" wrote | > I'm a celebrity get me out of here now / live / tuffers reveals | > all / celebrity fat club is more 'entertaining', with or without | > quotes, than debates on university degrees, loft insulation, jorgensen | > press screws, trying to electrocute myself and what is an sds drill? | > There's just no comparison! | I didn't understand the first part of all that
I have no idea what half of them are either, but it was what was on ITV2 the other night - copied out of The Times list of televisual entertainments.
| but the second part is without compare.
I have no idea what have of /them/ are either, but they're what was on a flick through the current newsgroup titles and threads.
Owain

Oh.
Thanks.
I think.
:-)
Mary

Not an equiv. This boiler gives 20 litres/min plus. It is also a highly specced class act .