Another Part P Question

We are just about to move house and one of the jobs that will need doing (and will be notifiable) is to put electricity into the shed that will be moving with us.

I still have a nice length of 4mm2 armoured cable complete with glands and this would be ideal for a proper underground supply. The only problem is that it is red/black i.e. non-harmonised.

I think that I am probably onto a loser here as regulations are regulations etc., but would it be acceptable to mark the red with brown and the black with blue at both ends of the cable either with tape or heatshrink?

It just seems a shame to scrap a perfectly good piece of cable that was fine until 1 Jan 2005 but now seems to have been outlawed.

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
Steve

And if you just do it, who will know when it was done? ( apart from the few on here of course )

Dave

Reply to
gort

Oh I wish it was like that!

I might have problems explaining how the supply got to the shed that wasn't there two years before we moved in!

But it has got me thinking... "The supply was there to an old shed previously and this shed was a like-for-like replacement" ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

glands

If you don't 'just do it' and stay quite, you can probably sell the coil on ebay for as much if not more then the 'harmonised' equivelent to those wishing to 'just do it'

Alternatively you could use it to hang Prescott, preferably without breaking the neck to ensure a very slow painful experience.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You don't think Prescott is even aware of Part P, do you? You know what he was doing while his civil servants wrote and signed it.

Reply to
Joe

There you go!. You also, of course, wont have the faintest idea who did all the work so long ago .

Dave

Reply to
gort