Another painting question

I need to paint the celing in a bedroom and also the new coveing. How essential is it to wash before paint, the cealing has been artexed and emulsioned about 4 years ago.

Thanks

Reply to
James Salisbury

If it's not obviously dirty, simply go over it quickly with a cobweb brush and then apply paint with a roller.

Greasy kitchen ceilings are a different matter!

Reply to
Set Square

Soup just had to say

Do you smoke in this bedroom or do you have a fire in this room ? It is quite amazing how discoloured something can be before we notice it has become discoloured. I would always wash and prepare (whether this involves sanding/undercoating etc.) any surface, before painting as even microscopic dust can affect the adherance of any paint

Reply to
Soup