Another painting plastic question.

My old Rover uses those push on screw caps of the type that grip in the slots of a Pozidriv head - and some are missing. Now they're readily available in the sheds, but not in the grey colour I need.

Dunno what they're made of, but ordinary oil paint doesn't bond as it does to drainpipes.

I've tried Halfords vinyl paint and that falls off too. Any suggestions? Preferably in aerosol form.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Plasticoat aerosol paint

Reply to
ben

need.

Beat me to it, should be available in any car paint factors, they might even be able to put it into an aerosol if it's not already.

Dave, if you have problem sourcing it yourself ask the people who you are using for the cars re-spray - failing that, contact me off list (you do have my new BT email address?).

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

No better than the paint for vinyl from Halfords. Flex the button slightly and it flakes off.

I'm now trying a clear undercoat for plastics from Loctite - but it says 'not for soft plastics'. I'll leave everything to dry overnight before testing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just to say this one works as a primer with the Plasticoat as top. Has stuck as well as any paint ever does.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)