Another multimaster clone

Makro currently have a Rockworth branded multimaster clone at 29.95+VAT.

180W mains powered, single speed. Weight and solidity feel close to the real thing, so might be ok...

No blades or spares available separately alas...

Reply to
John Rumm

Is that Rockworth or Rockwell?

Rockwell:

Rockwell appears to be the same as the Worx one from Argos, and Worx spares are supposedly available from the manufacturer. There's an 0870 number on their website:

's a brief thread about other Fein clones here:

mike

Pretty cheap if it's any good. You can't really tell from the picture whether the accessories are compatible with Fein or Bosch.

Sadly Makro have closed my nearest branch (Coventry) and the one which is now nearest is on the wrong side of Birmingham - so I won't be going there very often!

Reply to
Roger Mills

like the Rockwell Sonicrafter.

ISTR that RockWELL is one of the brands used by Lidi, BICBW.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Sorry, that should read Lidl.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Leicester Forest East at the end of the M69 any use?

Reply to
Clot

May be easier to get to - but it's a lot further from my home in Warwick than the Birmingham branch. Their store locator says 30 miles - but that will be "as the crow flies" and it will be more in reality. It's not a direction in which I go on a frequent basis, and I'd have to want something badly to make a special journey for it.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I expect its accessories would fit the fein. The fein ones with a star centre would also probably fit it. The fein ones with a plain 10mm hole may not. It appeared to be a similar fixing hole - but had a couple of "pips" either side to help positively register the blade.

I always though Coventry was the wrong side of Birmingham ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I noticed that Machine Mart are punting their Clerk version. About £10 more:

John Rumm

Yes, it's mentioned in their latest 'flyer' email, which I received today.

I don't think it actually *says* anywhere that it carries a Clarke badge.

Reply to
Roger Mills