Another Government Quango

Apologies if others may already know about the following, but it was news to me.....
Our favourite government have introduced yet another quango to protect poor consumers from those wretched nasty tradesmen who seek to rip them off:
http://www.qualitymark.org.uk /
"Find reputable builders right here....."
"Would be a good idea for me to register with these people" I thought. So I dug around on the web site for further information. The cost is 500 for one year, annually renewable - maybe I won't apply after all. And the scheme looks identical to that used by NICEIC - you apply, they send a geezer round to check your work, presumably blast some hot air in your direction to make them feel they are important, then you get accepted.
So I dug around some more. On the FAQ page:
http://www.qualitymark.org.uk/default.aspx?pid !6
FAQ 14 reads:
Q: Why isn't a statutory scheme being introduced?
A: A statutory scheme would be costly and bureaucratic given the size of the industry and would present considerable enforcement difficulties.
So there we have it. This Quality Mark scheme is obviously neither costly nor bureaucratic.
Oink-oink-flap-flap.....
PoP

beurocrats don't know one end of brick from the other, or where to insert it!. So it's a knee-jerk reaction, as always; hey look voters, we're doing something! Just like the federation of master baiters, oops, sorry, I mean builders.

ROFL !!! You were right the first time. :-))
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com