Another Gas Pipe in Wall Question

I'm planning to have the wall mounted gas ch boiler replaced while the kitchen gets a makeover. The gas supply to the current boiler was chased into the wall before the tiles went on, the pipe was only wrapper in electrical tape as a barrier. I'd like to make a more profesional job of it this time and have noted the comments on this group about possibly sheilding the pipe with plastic tube before plastering over. My question is: are there any requirements to also cover the pipr/tube combination with any form of metal plate or simmilar before tiling. My reasoning here is what if someone trys to drill the wall for something in the future.

thanks

gthehut

Reply to
gthehut