Another flooring question

I need to level out a screed. The high point is in the doorway, it then dips rapidly by 5mm, and goes as low as 10mm below on parts of the floor. Self levelling compound seems to go to 6mm, or if I add sharp sand will go up to 15mm but not feather as well - which I need at the doorway.

Am I missing an approach or is SLC with sand the way to go?

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

when I did this all those years ago, I did it in two stages. 1. the deep bit with cement & sand and then, after a few days, self levelling over everything.

Reply to
charles

What sort of mix would you use for cement/sand - and what is the minimum thickness than it can reasonably be spread at?

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

Stopgap 300:

It feathers well (metal plasterer's trowell). If in doubt put 10mm in the deepest bit, leave 2 hours then do the whole lot. It bonds to itself well.

You'll have to check on F Ball's website - but IIRC it will go to 15mm without filler or 20mm with granite chippings - but it could be 10/15mm

Reply to
Tim Watts

With SBR admix, 10mm min. That assumes you paint the floor with dilute SBR and apply an SBR/cement slurry just before applying the screed.

Reply to
Tim Watts