Another CORGI fitter bodge...

I do seem to attract them...

Our landlord's boiler started dying again (Apollo Fanfare Si). Last time it was the pressure switch and the time before it was the fan and the time before that it was the primary water thermostat.

Poor landlord is just about to replace it anyway. And there's no immersion heater because Crest Homes are cheap bastards - lack of HW is the biggest problem.

So landlord (nice bloke) gets his mate in who's recently passed his Gas Safe assessements and been signed off...

What does he find:

Old pressure switch still there, because one screw was jammed and the new pressure switch perched next to it. New switch must have fallen over and landed on something hot as the casing was partly melted and perforated which is why it died.

He drilled the screw out and fixed the problem properly.

*sigh*
Reply to
Tim W

Nice to know that some "pros" take such care!

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm wibbled on Friday 16 October 2009 00:22

It's the second time I've had trouble. First time, he was a numpty, this time, he's a half-arsed sod.

Never mind, I've just found a new consultant to double check my upcoming gas work.

Reply to
Tim W

British Gas are currently running a newspaper advert with the headline...

"With British Gas, you can afford a boiler repair every month"

So was it British Gas? ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew Gabriel wibbled on Friday 16 October 2009 19:24

No - it was a local independant, surprisingly...

Reply to
Tim W