Another cable tv distribution question

Thanks to those who told me how to get cable tv in all rooms by use of an amplifier. Now - is there any way I can control the cable tv in other rooms, a la Sky mouse?

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Yep, with a remote sender. These devices recieve the IR signal, transmitt it as a radio signal, then back into IR with a small reciever/transmitter that you site in front of the cable box.

Alan

I use a thing called a magic eye for sky. The magic eye plugs into the coax at the back of the tv and sends the IR signal as an electrical signal over the coax - you must have your earth sheetings properly connected. The sky box receives the signal and changes channels, allows you to use the menues etc. works magically! I have 4 of them in the house. I used a global communcations 8-way "Loft Box" for amplification of TV/CCTV/FM/DAB/SAT and my Video and DVD daisy chained.

Sky magic eye + second remote - approx £17

Did a quick search - Looks like:

Derek

However the OP is using cable - not Sky, so I don't think this solution would work.

Alan

You can get IR repeaters that receive the remote control signal and retransmit it in another room.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Yes, but check with the video sender manufacturer. The one I bought specifically points out compatibility problems with certain cable boxes.

Reply to
StealthUK

StealthUK wrote

Yes, some cable boxes such as my Telewest Pace box use IrDA not IR. For a remote extender that works with IrDA Google for "Digieye"

Reply to
Shaun Robertson