I've seen them (or lookalikes) with various mounting options...
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

geoff

In uk.d-i-y, braxi wrote:

"Oaks Lighting" called a "Delta II", I can't find a web site though.
--
Nigel Mercier

Please remove NOSPAM from my return address

IKEA do a good range of such lamps, including "anglepoise" style. Last time I looked they were increasingly doing lamps w/ low voltage halogen bulbs.
Habitat used to have similar, with the option of a table base or a screw-to-the-wall (or shelf) socket. I have about half a dozen of these -- mostly 10+ years old and not yet showing signs of "anglepoise droop". Of course, since IKEA now own Habitat, I imagine that their ranges are now similar ;-)
Apart from the DIY sheds, larger branches of BHS still have good lighting departments.
HTH Julian
--
Julian Fowler
[anglepoise]

We used to use anglepoise-style microphone booms at a previous place of employment (probably supplied by Canford: http://www.canford.co.uk/ ) The problem with these was that different microphones and different cable arrangements used to "weigh" differing amounts. Adjustments were usually made (in addition to tightening/loosening hinges) by the removal of springs and/or the addition of chunky rubber bands.
For studio use, the springs often "clanged" when moved, so they were either damped with heatshrink tubing (either stuffed inside and unshrunk or shrunk on the outside) or replaced altogether with rubber bands... though they had the problem of perishing.
Just some pointless info :-)
Hwyl!
M.
Don't fight technology, live with it: http://www.livtech.co.uk /

You can still get them - although IIRC the name is now generic. IKEA used to do a fair selection.
Still the best sort of light when fitted with a mains halogen lamp for a workbench.
--
*Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.

fittings. The bottom is a plastic plamp which you can attach somewhere on/ near your bench
John