Anglepoise lamp?

Anyone know what the modern day equivalent of the anglepoise lamp is? I would like an adjustable lamp to attach to the wall over my workbench.

thanks for looking

Andy.

Reply to
braxi

How about......an Anglepoise?

've seen them (or lookalikes) with various mounting options...

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , braxi writes

Yeah, it's called an anglepoise lamp

Reply to
geoff

I've got a low-voltage stainless steel articulated table lamp made by "Oaks Lighting" called a "Delta II", I can't find a web site though.

Reply to
Nigel Mercier ®

IKEA do a good range of such lamps, including "anglepoise" style. Last time I looked they were increasingly doing lamps w/ low voltage halogen bulbs.

Habitat used to have similar, with the option of a table base or a screw-to-the-wall (or shelf) socket. I have about half a dozen of these -- mostly 10+ years old and not yet showing signs of "anglepoise droop". Of course, since IKEA now own Habitat, I imagine that their ranges are now similar ;-)

Apart from the DIY sheds, larger branches of BHS still have good lighting departments.

HTH Julian

Reply to
Julian Fowler

You can still get them - although IIRC the name is now generic. IKEA used to do a fair selection.

Still the best sort of light when fitted with a mains halogen lamp for a workbench.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I use 3 from IKEA in my workshop - dirt cheap with normal size screw fittings. The bottom is a plastic plamp which you can attach somewhere on/ near your bench

John

Reply to
John Forbes
[anglepoise]

We used to use anglepoise-style microphone booms at a previous place of employment (probably supplied by Canford:

) The problem with these was that different microphones and different cable arrangements used to "weigh" differing amounts. Adjustments were usually made (in addition to tightening/loosening hinges) by the removal of springs and/or the addition of chunky rubber bands.

For studio use, the springs often "clanged" when moved, so they were either damped with heatshrink tubing (either stuffed inside and unshrunk or shrunk on the outside) or replaced altogether with rubber bands... though they had the problem of perishing.

Just some pointless info :-)

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to