Angle grinder help required

Mine's like that, too. It does seem a bit odd - my only guess is that they do it on the cheapy ones because the switches aren't really up to the job of lots of momentary switching, and would quickly burn out.

re. handle, maybe ask on freecycle and see if someone has a dead grinder with a suitable handle? That or take the remains into a DIY shop, find a nut that fits the thread, then use that to determine the right kind of bolt to use for a replacement handle.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I bought a 4.5" and then found I needed a 9" to get the depth of cut. I do love it, actually. It's my favourite tool.

Reply to
GB

do an anti vibration handle for £10

The Medway Handyman

Sorry Nick - as you will see from my thread on a replacement grinder, I put one to the recycle centre two days ago - and it had the handle. Sod's Law.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Not to worry, cheers Rob, I've got plenty of ideas now to go on. Thankyou to everyone !

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

My small one (4-1/2") simply has a sliding power switch - slide on, slide-off. It has worried me that it wouldn't go off if I dropped it, but on the other hand it's a lot easier to use when you don't have to keep pressure on the switch, partucularly when working at odd angles.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker