Angle Grinder disks

Am I likely to be able to cut a 8" square wall tile with one of these?

Is it at all practical to cut into a tile that is already attached to the wall?

Could I easily cut a 6mm wide 1/2" deep grove partway down a wall to the cable to a low voltage temperature sensor with one of these?

Michael Chare

Easily. I use that very disc to cut tiles on a regular basis.

It would be, but the ends of the cut would be curved a bit IYSWIM.

You probably could, it would be dusty though. Might be easier to the the diamond disc to cut two lines then break out the middle.

Reply to
David Lang

Do you manage without a supply of water? - which the diamond tile cutter I once hired had.

That is a helpful idea. I did one use an ordinary angle grinder disk. I made a neat grove but a lot of dust.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I never use water, it wouldn't be practical. It's a little dusty.

Reply to
David Lang

Yup, no trouble...

Yes. You may not be able to cut right to the edge without either clipping the adjacent tile or needing to cut deeper into the wall, to get a squarer cut at the end.

Diamond discs are always preferable on tile/stone IMHO. Even if it takes two passes.

Reply to
John Rumm

You can get away with using a little water from a squirt bottle,if you are careful about not getting it in the motor.

Reply to
F Murtz