Angle grinder

Just used mine (with a wire cup brush) to clean all the cast iron bits of the hob.

Reply to
Huge

I use mine to clean my teeth in the morning.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

In message , Huge writes

I hope you used it on reduced speed and picked the broken wires out of your sweater:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I get told off when I do things like that. Brilliant for cleaning the barbecue, and better than sandblasting when I cleaned the iron railings and gate at the front of the house.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I hope you use WD40 as a mouthwash?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It only does one speed. But I spent some while picking broken wires out of my sweater.

Reply to
Huge

I started doing it without telling SWMBO. When she saw the first pot stand, she got all enthusiastic.

Reply to
Huge

I use mine for cleaning grimy fingernails as well. Always rinse it if teeth are next. If attached to a bit of 4x2 with gaffer tape or cable ties the cup brush is pretty good for getting to those irritating itchy bits on your back as well.

Reply to
Nick

Ah, I get the opposite reaction. There seems to be terrible fear that I will damage in some unknown manner the things that She holds to be precious.

Reply to
Steve Firth

My wife's the same WRT the lawn sprinkler.

After just 6 or 7 minutes sprinkling and only a fraction of a millimetre of water dispensed she gives it "Are you going to turn it off now" ? And shows worrying signs of becoming obsessive about it.

IGWS it is futile to measure and demonstrate the totally insignificant amount of water sprinkled.

Derek G

Reply to
Derek G.

That's whay I did the first one without telling her.

Reply to
Huge

Sound move. I started digging the drains at 0600 because I needed a long day to do the work and because that way SWMBO would not get a chance to worry about it until I was well into the work.

Reply to
Steve Firth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Derek G. saying something like:

Can you collect roof rainwater and use that? I suspect she's a closet greenie and you'd score big bonus points.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I use mine for cleaning grimy fingernails as well. Always rinse it if teeth are next. If attached to a bit of 4x2 with gaffer tape or cable ties the cup brush is pretty good for getting to those irritating itchy bits on your back as well.

Fekkin lightweights !

Use instead of bog roll but *after* cleaning teeth and scraping the chees off of more personal parts....

Proper men use the petrol 18" disc cutter and a bodged on Johnstone roadsweeper brush.....

Bloody boys today eh !

Reply to
Londonman

Point her to the last minute of tonight's Gardeners' World, to let her hear Monty Don say "water weekly rather than daily, and if using a sprinkler, leave it on for at least an hour".

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah, beat me to the posting, I was distracted by HIGNFY ...

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton