And now I've seen it all ...

Long box spanners are cheap, once you find the correct size.

You can even use them with a drill driver by putting a bolt in the chuck to drive the other end.

Reply to
dennis

They can check the MOT and insurance database anyway. Tax is not required for that.

Yes the fuel tax is a multitude larger than the tax disk. And they think a cheaper tax disk for certain cars will encourage us to get one. Fuel consumption is the only thing to persuade me.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Nice to see you too, wann stay over?

See other post.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

But is it the nut that's cross-threaded, or the bolt?

Reply to
Tim Streater

oh yes? Since when?

Very likely.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" writes

AOL

There is also my patent litter deterrent... passenger of following car posts message to data store. 3 messages at different times from different phones raises an automated fine to the registered owner.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

para.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I think there's great potential for self-policing of stuff that's widely regarded by other motorists as unacceptable.

In-car monitoring cameras - the type that insurance companies are starting to use to log accidents/offer discounts - they could be used in all sorts of ways.

You see something that really bothers you whilst driving. You press the record button on your in-car-camera to log the event (i.e. its caching the 30 seconds prior to the record button being pushed). You upload the video clip to a police-run website. Anyone with a UK driving licence can watch any uploaded video - and vote for its seriousness (lots of people seem to like TV progs like this - now you get to vote too). Police review and prosecute the top-scoring videos.

We get - to nail the really bad driving we see. We get - to vote on the sort of driving we want to see nailed. The police get - half their work done for them - including video evidence.

Reply to
dom

She obviously needs to be shouted at. Very loudly.

Reply to
Tim Streater

regarded by other motorists as unacceptable.

use to log accidents/offer discounts - they could be used in all sorts of ways.

But they monitor just one driver and one car.

Wherre eto you see it, do the left to the right infront or passed by, a camera with 360 angle of view would be required.

caching the 30 seconds prior to the record button being pushed).

I wponder who the first person would be to take their eye off the road to 'record' anothers accident would be. It's bad enough with 'gooseneck drivers' looking around at other accidetns without suggesting they film it too ;-)

its seriousness (lots of people seem to like TV progs like this - now you get to vote too).

Why limit it to those with licenses ?

I think such things should be taken out of the polices hands why give them more paper/video work.

or the most fun to watch.

Not sure that would work, maybe we could do it for all crimes but I;m not sur we'd want it as a public vote after seeing what we get from the popular phone in programs.

Soimeone would have to pay for teh hardware and infrustrcuture for all this, don;t think we;re quite ready for this yep.

Reply to
whisky-dave

In those circumstances the human race would probably be better off with such fuckwits left in a state such that they can't propogate their genes and do even more damage to the human race.

'a cyclist'

Reply to
The Other Mike

100W industrial laser, guided by a face recognition system.
Reply to
The Other Mike

1) Vehicles don't have bulbs unless they have been used to transport a purchase made at a garden centre 2) Most vehicles on the road are not new vehicles
Reply to
The Other Mike

Now yours has too.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Some fuckwits deliberately disable them.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

That's cause you broke it. [tears]

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

For my truck (1967) it's a dash switch for sidelights/headlights and a floor switch for full/dip beam.

The car (1997) and van (2008) both have stalks for full/dip/flash, but the basic lighting controls are on the dash.

ISTR that my Stags (both were 1972) had the basic controls on the steering column, with stalks for full/dip/flash.

It's interesting that over here it's only ever rebuke; it took me a long time to get out of the habit of using it to yield priority or give thanks.

Other way round here, in that most people just leave them on all the time

- the weather's pretty crappy for half the year.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I started wondering about getting one of those this weekend after one rider and one driver indicated left at different mini-roundabouts and then proceeded to continue straight-on anyway, thankfully I avoided them both, but no doubt they'd have denied indicating ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Do they have to be in the same order as on the number plate? :-)

Is a car park private[1] land? i.e. could someone in theory slap dummy plates on as soon as they're off the road and then put the real plates back on before leaving again, and still remain within the law?

[1] I think supermarket ones have been legally shown not to be (although quite why, I'm not sure). But I don't know if that extends to all car parks...
Reply to
Jules Richardson

You don't see light clusters swimming with water as often as you used to, I was behind some car the other day, and though I'd noticed water sloshing around in its cluster, as I got closer it became obvious there were two 'spare' bulbs rolling around in there!

Reply to
Andy Burns