And now I've seen it all ...

Are you a bean counter in yoru spare time? Knows the cost of everything =

but the value of nothing?

Might get to that at 3AM on a Sunday morning on time and half plus over =

time. B-) Oh this is one of ARWs sacked apprentices, they wouldn't kno= w when 3AM on Sunday morning is as they'd be rat arsed having had a fight =

and been thrown out of a night club.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What all of them?

But no electrical test for a 7 pin?

Haven't they always been in?

And that?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dave Liquorice

Normally defeatable by lifting the rear wheels but trollies are damn heavy empty and as you say it could be ammusing.

I'd like to know how the "trollies won't go past this point" thing works. I know some have bits of "travelator grid" the the wheels bind in but the Hexham Tesco between it and Aldi is just an ordinary mix of paving slabs, concrete or tarmac. Bit of steel buried and magnet in the hub?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

B: List of New Testable Components

Operation of 13-pin trailer electrical sockets

Reply to
The Other Mike

That being £12 per hour of work, so on your past reports of their abilities, that is probably about a quid a week...

Reply to
The Other Mike

Reading the specs in one patent, it is a radio frequency transmitter loop and a receiver in the lump round the trolley wheel, which engages a locking device of some sort. The patent description I've seen is a bit vague about the actual design.

Reply to
John Williamson

It was quite clearly a reference to a filament bulb where the initially cold, and low resistance, filament allows a "rush" of current that decays quickly as the filament gets hotter and lower resistance.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

IIRC, when SWMBO left there, they were in the process of removing the 'perks' such as extra pay for Sundays etc. They got a little extra for working late, but it wasn't a lot.

LOL.

Reply to
Mark

If their condition qualifies them for one, they will.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

The lidl and asda ones by me have an iduction coil under the path. It probably activates a motor in the wheels that winds the pins out of the hub that stop the wheels going.

Reply to
dennis

Nope that's bollocks.

The lock is a simple spring loaded drag brake.

Google Andrew Gray (a Yorkshireman) and Radlok for details of the design.

I don't believe you about the induction loop either, I'm sure that you have not bothered to dig up the path, and complaints from punters about wiped credit cards would be rife.

Most reports state that the device uses a buried permanent magnet strip.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Doesn't seem to be a prblem with traffic lights... but then they aren't transmitting any power. B-)

A permanent magnet in the paving would attract all manner of magnetic detritus. Magnetic detritus that isn't seen at the "no trollies beyond this point" places.

I think they are magnetic but the magnet is in the wheel and there is a simple magnetic (but not magnatised) plate in the ground. Magnet is attracted to the plate, releasing a spring loaded brake mechansium.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

However, that would cause a problem to a trolley passing over a, say, metal manhole cover in the car park.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Doesn't seem much of an issue with our induction hob and that is transmitting some power!

Reply to
polygonum

One system works like this:-

company, English brochure.

Page 5 is the one you should be reading.

Reply to
John Williamson

And his minimum wage (not apprentice wage) is £4.98 an hour.

Reply to
ARW

But that power is only picked up by something (such as a steel bottom pan) that is conductive and magnetic.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Wow! It also stops you taking the trolley back out through the entrance. Definitely not what my local supermarkets use!

Reply to
usenet2012

No. But I was married to a communist who was used to "full employment" when she was a child and she thought that it worked.

:-) So I HAVE given an accurate description of some of them.

And FFS there is no way this one is on £12 an hour stacking shelves.

Reply to
ARW