An opportunity for the Medway Handyman...

ITYF those people who have tried it, don't find it quite that easy :-(

tim

Reply to
tim....

"Hello dear, I'm here to half do a job which you can nag day and night for me to finish while I sit in front of the TV, fart, and drink your beer"

Reply to
geoff

Alberta Hunter, My Handy Man

Gib Bogle

He bilocates...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes I know :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

All the ME postcodes

>>> I'm not the only one operating in the area,

True. Seems too small an area IME.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Currently doing a job in the ME8 postcode :-)

I'm having breakfast with him shortly :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It did occur to me that if I decided to 'hire a hubby' my wife might wonder about my gender orientation :-)

Reply to
David WE Roberts

...and the problem with this strategy is?

Reply to
David WE Roberts

They also do servicing...

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

David WE Roberts wibbled on Thursday 01 July 2010 10:28

You're just about to supply services and some bloke jumps out from behind the sofa shouting "Shtop! Shtop!" ?

Reply to
Tim Watts

No offence Dave, but he sure seems to have lowered his standards for dishing out the free shags!

Reply to
John Rumm

genews:yeNWn.125535$Hs4.11725@hurricane...

Never! They switched off the oven, broke the mould and served peanuts out of it.

Reply to
Lino expert

Cheeky sod.

Bloody good breakfast though. You don't think I would miss an opportunity to visit the Medway towns and not meet up with TMH for a breakfast did you?

Actually ME8 looked a bit sparce on the cafe options, so is there anyone here knows of a good cafe in ME8 for the rest of the team still stuck down there?

We had to meet in ME1 for a proper breakfast.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

ARWadsworth wibbled on Thursday 01 July 2010 17:40

No, but there's an Axminster's somewhere round there...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Define "too small an area". Round here you'd be looking at something around 1000 square miles (15 to 20 miles radius) to get to 7,500 households.

I agree that 7,500 households doesn't seem enough to support a handy man business, even if you only have to travel a mile or two for each job. A 40 miles round trip would take a sizeable chunk of ones fee...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I meant 'small' as in number of households. The Medway Towns has a pop of

250,000 in an area of 190 sq km. Penrith by comparison has 180,000 pop in 400 sq km.

Due to the population density, my yearly mileage is only around 8,000 miles and even that ranks as my largest single business expense when all is taken into acount. I take your point about travel - I wonder if Hire a Hubby have?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Whoops! Sorry! That data was for Penrith, New South Wales! Bloody Wikipedia!

You get the point though....

I'll get me coat.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Penrith, Cumberland had a population of 11000 when I lived there. And about

40 pubs, only 4 being worth drinking in. All the rest were Dutton's.

Population may have grown a little since it was put in Cumbria.

Reply to
<me9

something

Yeah, I guessed that but throught I'd throw in the physical area thing as well. The densly populated SE tends to forget that there are some parts of the country that are not wall to wall housing with the odd small green bit. Some is wall to wall green bit with the odd house. B-)

Penrith, Cumbria is a *huge* place compared to here. Wikipedia puts the population at 14,756, seven times bigger than the entire population of Alston Moor.

Probably not, why would they care? They are selling the franchise not the final service, how any franchisee manages their business costs is up to them...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice