An old victorian sandstone guttering

the gutter is shallow and leadlined whats the proper way to unite and seal two ends ie join onto a neighbours, both sides of the gutter is lead lined but needs to be joined. How would you do it?

Thanks.

Reply to
George

Traditionally, I think it would have been soldered. Nowadays a guttering sealant should be perfectly good:

dom

Trouble is you don't want a length of lead much over a yard or so long as the thermal expansion/contraction will buckle it. It's got to be able to move. I suspect some clever folded joint, like hooking your fingers together, is used but I don't know.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice