An idea for those Aldi Router tables.

If you bought one and you have or can get hold of a TV/Video cabinet mount the router table flush in the center of the cabinet.

The TV/Video cabinet I have has been strengthend as these cabinets where made of compressed wood and a bit wobbly to say the least. It sits on casters which is good for manouvering and the height is 21" Length 31" Wide 15", it has glass doors where I can get at the routers adjustments and a drawer on the bottom for storage of router bits,parts and bric&brac of router tools. I'll post a pic of mine in a couple of days to show the results.

What do you think?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I think you can't polish a turd.

ETV

Reply to
Eric The Viking

Oh f*ck! That's another sure fire money making idea down the pan.

Reply to
EricP

I'd say cool in LN2, and it'd polish up just fine.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I think it's time for a trip to the tip....

Reply to
Andy Hall

I tried that but it still looked crap ;-)

ETV

Reply to
Eric The Viking

Ok, you win I give up the Trophys yours.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Wrong, you can, I know of 2 incidences where that has been done, one RAF and one RN. :-)

Reply to
Broadback

Oh, you were in my brother's mess, were you? (Although they did dry and varnish it before mounting it on the mahogany board).

Reply to
Huge

That's one out of the two. :-)

Reply to
Broadback

Rob Morley

One thought occurs though.... Did you actually go searching eBay for polished turds?

ETV

Reply to
Eric The Viking

Only after you mentioned it :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Obviously. Being that you are a Viking, the writings of Knut (Canute is English bollocks) is sacrosanct.

Turd polishing is a valued Nordic skill set along with whale hunting. I would have thought that you would have known that.

Whale meat is pretty tasty.

Reply to
Andy Hall

If I am a viking then does that mean you are a large room where people congregate for wedding receptions?

ETV

Reply to
Eric The Viking