an extraordinary bit of bodging with wires and rubber flip flops

Brian had two points:

  1. Short URLs are better than long URLs (not sure I agree with this).
  2. He can't see the picture because he's blind. (admittedly, he skipped the "because" bit).
Reply to
Martin Bonner

Its more likely to be plugged in than not.

Reply to
meow2222

Why? Would you plug it in if you were in that pool? It's a set up for f*ck's sake!

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Obviously we don't know which it is. We never will.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I'm over 99% happy it's a set up.

Another shot from the same series.

think they're playing with live wires?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

What was that week's special offer?

polygonum

I wouldn't be at all surprised.

to me like some rather merry lads and "wouldn't it be a good idea if...". We see bread on the grill but admitedly no actual toast. It seems an awful lot of work for just a "set up". The whole series of photos is what some one has almost randomly shot at some online gaming/computer geek event to me.

331 thumbnails at:

Dave Liquorice

Not really. An awful lot of arsing around in general but setting up the grill to fake up a "dangerous" scene to freak out gullible friends with would only have taken a few minutes.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

If you are blind and have software to read the screen to you, it would make a lot of difference.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Well, yes. Brevity is preferable to verbosity. And I can see a long complex URL will be tedious for the user of a screen reader. On the other hand, I certainly prefer to see where the URL is actually going rather than a tinurl version.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Plus, short URLs fit on the screen rather than overflowing the monitor and pushing stuff off your desk.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I have come across instances where the short URL alternative has long since gone with the original page still there.

So I would value the long URL more than a temporary short one. It also depends on the newsreader as to whether the long URL gets munged or split!

Reply to
Fredxx

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon