an extraordinary bit of bodging with wires and rubber flip flops

't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w

Reply to
Tim W

More here:

philipuk

electricity. Is there a power point anywhere near them?

Reply to
GB

As it's on a German website, of course it's safe. The Germans wouldn't show anything dangerous without strong warnings not to do it, surely?

Reply to
John Williamson

It's either photoshopped or fuckign stupid.

Those in the pool with be OK. It's at the point you setp out of the pool onto concrete with one foot in one foot out you have problems.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Its always dangerous to post huge links when all you really need is

as its a graphic, I have no idea on your question.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Beyond stupid, its suicidal. Pool users will be fine if they stay well away from it, but approach it closely and the power flow levels will reach lethal.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You're assuming it's not a "set up" photograph. It's so mind boggling stupid it can't be for real.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Alternatively, it might only be a 12 volt setup.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Am I?

Ha

Reply to
meow2222

In article , Tim Watts writes

Not so, assuming it were a live extension, both live, neutral and potentially earth would be present at the floating extension. It would only take a small proportion of any leakage current being diverted to through the body (alternate parallel path) to risk electrocution, so those in the pool would be at risk too.

Reply to
fred

As I said, there's no evidence that it's plugged in.

Reply to
GB

That's alright Brian. Don't really know what you are on about either.

Reply to
Tim W

Can't even work out what it's supposed to be doing.

Reply to
harry

Making gullible folk go "Oh my God!"?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Could be. But aren't they making toasties on a Breville in the pool?

Tim w

Reply to
Tim W

Perhaps I should have said "Making gullible folk go " But aren't they making toasties on a Breville in the pool?"". ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

OMG! LOL

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

Its a multi socket connected to a phone and running out of the pool off camera.

The multipoint is floating on water by means of a pair of flip flops.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

What phone?

Large inflateable paddling pool, maybe 12' diameter and with 18" of water and at least one person in it. Round table in center with a few drinks bottles and some form of mains electrical cooking appliance on it. Looks like a grill of some sort but not a toasted sandwhich maker. Mains power lead from appliance is connected into:

The multipoint is connected into a red extension cable that has a wooden wedge gaffer taped to it resting on the side of the pool.

I wonder if they tried it with the appliance plugged into the extension but the wedge didn't give enough bouyancy? It would float wedge up anyway thus the plug/socket would be under water. The mains connectors look to be european Schuko type but it's hard to tell.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice