American style fridge freezer - bulb in drinks dispenser

I have one of these rather large side by side fridge freezers with the icemaking gadgets. On the whole i'm really happy with it but i'm a little dissapointed that even though i've only had the unit for just over a year the bulb in the drinks dispenser has blown for the second time. It's a Bosch unit but uses a special Maytag bulb. It's about 3cm long. squarish with an SES fitting. Cost of the bulb is 7 and only seems to be available from Bosch or Maytag spares. Anyone know where I can buy these cheaper. TIA, Fraser
"fraser" snipped-for-privacy@totalise.co.uk wrote in message

I've found http://www.lampman.co.uk helpful and good value for out of the ordinary bulbs.
On 21 Nov 2003 07:27:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@totalise.co.uk (fraser) wrote:

Maytag supply them FoC a part of the 5 year parts warranty.......
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
(fraser) wrote:

Not much good as i've got the bosch 12 month warranty that's expired and the complimentary 2nd year John Lewis extension specifically excludes consumables like bulbs. Checked lampman.com but there's nothing similar I can see in there online product brochure.
(fraser) wrote:

==============http://www.uklightbulbs.co.uk/ seem to have a good selection of lamps.
Ian
(fraser) wrote:

Maytag have a modification to prolong the bulb life - it's a resistor that fits in series with the bulb wiring. Repair kit no 12001842. They came out and fitted it under the 5 yr warranty as I was going through a bulb every 6 mths.
Bob

That's worth knowing. Thanks.