Am I being Stupid About a pond???

Hi, We have a pond in our back garden, which we have just had excavated, its lined with fairly thick London clay, It use to hold water in as it was but usually dried up in summer, although it hasn't dried up yet. We've had it doubled in volume, about 10m by 10m, it is fed by rain water from the roof of our house. Once its filled up is it likely that it will stay fairly full give or take a few feet evap, or will it fall to the water table level which is quite low.... Cheers Oli

Reply to
The Question Asker

Mine needs topping up every few days - I think my wife has punctured the liner

Don't forget to get a filter to make at least a nominal attempt at trying to keep the algae / weed under control, otherwise it will quickly end up a mass of green sludge

Reply to
geoff

Should stay fairly full. Mine does(suffolk clay)

Top it up and smear wet clay around for a while - that helps form a basin.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher