Aluminium chequer plate cost/supplier

Can someone give me a rough indication of the cost of some aluminium chequer plate (3 or 5mm thick) apprx 1.5m x 0.9m sheets x 3nr ?

I'm just musing over a project and can't find any prices online.

Cheers dg

Reply to
dg

Most metal stockists will supply it. If you can't locate one nearby, see if there's a metal supermarket near you.

Expect to pay ~£80-£100 a piece for 3mm.

Reply to
Grunff

get ours from local steel stockholder (yellow pages)

IIRC £65 for 8x4 sheet

Reply to
Chris Oates

Considerably better than £200 - £300 from a *very* expensive kitchen supplier near Maidstone! If I had been able to source it for £65 I would have used it for my trailer project. I don't suppose you could try to remember just where you saw it at £65, please!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

I did say 'if I remember' - ALUMINIUM checker plate, sheet off-cuts, various sizes, ring for details. Fencehouses. Phone 07092547240 IS&G Steel Stockholders Tel: (01304) 840300

Newline Metals (aluminium) Tel: (01322) 277337

Reply to
Chris Oates

That's great Chris,

Thansk Richard