Alto pressure washer help

I bought a 1700W little blue one from Homebase 2 yars ago. Got it out today to do the path and the b*gger wouldn't work. The pump wouldn't start apart from twice when I changed the fuse. The one in the plug is good but when I press the ON button nothing happens. needless to say I've lost the handbook.

The water *does* go in the front and the lance attach to the back doesn't it?

Any ideas on how to diagnose the problem please? P

Reply to
Phil McCavity

There's a distinct possibility that the starting condenser has gone short circuit. Take the casing apart and look form a cylindrical can - probably about 3" long and 1.5" in diameter near the motor. Find an electrical shop which will test it for you and, if necessary, sell you a replacement.

The condenser died on my Kartcher washer when it was just out of warranty - and I managed to get a replacement for a few quid from a local motor re-wind company. [Taking it to an official Kartcher repairer would have cost an arm and a leg!]

Reply to
Set Square

"Set Square" wrote in news:c5eq4t$t7m6$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-217758.news.uni-berlin.de:

These capacitors are getting a bit harder to find these days - the motor rewinding company is prolly the best bet, there's usually one around.

There's just not the call for 500V 8muffish C's in these semioconductor days

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

In message , mike ring writes

Sounds like the sort of thing that RS, farnell or CPC would carry in their motor start capacitor section

Reply to
geoff

If that was true they'd have died out years ago. I started work in the semiconductor industry 30 years ago and can still remember the excitement that ran round the electronic engineering repair department when a new piece of kit came in, someone took the top off and there was this funny looking black thing with about 30 or so legs soldered to the board.

That was the first sight we had of an integrated circuit.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

PoP wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I didn't say there was NO call, just not so much now smoothed HT is not so common as when we were lads.

I just expereienced the problem, and found a short schlep to a rewinder was the easiest answer

mike r

Reply to
mike ring