Alternatives to Sharps Bedrooms...

Just had a Sharps rep round to measure up an alcove that is just 2.4m high by 1.8m wide and around 40cm deep

we asked for a quote for just the front frame, a false floor, two sets of double doors, one top shelf and a single clothes rail underneath the top shelf and absolutely nothing else, no lights or anything.

We were asked if we wanted the inside lined or left as bare painted plasterboard. We said bare painted plasterboard was fine which is whats there originally.

The sales rep measures up the whole room, including the window positions, door positions, socket and light switch positions etc, which had nothing to do with the alcove that we wanted the wardrobe for.

After a lot of pencil scratching on a graph paper pad,

He quoted..... *drum roll*

10 grand...

We then hand over the 3 special offer vouchers vouchers that we had from the Sharps shop.

Price then drops to £3,500(!).

Needless to say we declined on the spot. While I appreciate its all made to measure, £3,500 is steep. We were expecting around £1,000.

Now what other alternative firms are there to Sharps or are the any places where they will do a supply only made to measure bedroom furniture that I can assemble and install myself?

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen H

Sounds like a standard job for any competent joiner.

You're not in the Medway area are you? ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Its not difficult to buy a couple of doors from B&Q and make a frame to fit them. I estimate maybe £150 if you go OTT.

Reply to
dennis

There are plenty of places online that do doors and panels in made to measure sizes to order... the rest is just a few battens and a bit of frame work!

Reply to
John Rumm

He quoted 10K for a job that would take one man one day and use less than a hundred quid's worth of materials?

Have you been in touch with trading standards yet?

Ring someone competent out of your local rag and expect to pocket the other

9.5K+ and put it to better use.
Reply to
Phil L