Alternatives to plastering

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember R D S saying something like:

Checker plate. Dead cool in the living room if you set it off with a Yank V8 on a display stand in the middle of the floor.

I've been thinking of alternatives to plastering, and the best I could come up with was p/bd and lining paper w several coats of paint on it. Ply is always an option, of course, but p'bd does at least not burn.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Are you going to sue?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

T & G is a possibility.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What are you doing in a DIY group? the whole point of DIY'ing is enjoying the satisfaction of a job well done.

Reply to
George

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

I quite fancy doing one room in wainscoting, and T&G is a deffo for it. Quite likely, ply above that.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I hate T&G, my ex father in law ruined my kitchen with that some years ago. Hardly a day goes by where I don't get the urge to tear it out.

Fortunately I can keep most of my DIY urges under control.

Reply to
R D S

Well if I have it plastered it wont be DIY.

Plus TBH I reckon it would be nice to break away from the whole long, flat wall thing and do something a bit different.

Reply to
R D S

Loe it or hate it, like woodchip pare.. ;-)

In its place its fine. It doesnt suit my house tho.

Gong to get a grand of oak and fire up the router and do some paneling, book vases and hifi center etc etc..sod the wall behind it :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Book cases can hide a multitude of sins up to about 8' or higher if you have library steps.

And you can take them with you when you move.

Might need to buy some more book to fill them but that's not onerous. There are still many subjects about which I do not have a single tome.

Owain

Reply to
Owain