Alternatives to Easifill (other than plaster)

Another week and all the boarding will be done one the new shower room I'm working on. Last time I did any drylining I used EasiFill to skim the joints and it did make life "Easi" (cringe...). I also used finishing plaster in parts and found this much harder work, plus it didn't sand very well.

Anyone got any alternatives to the rather expensive Easifill?

Cheers

Tony

Reply to
enuff

Presumably as a shower room you're going to tile it? You can tile straight onto plasterboard in a shower room - this is how mine is.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Actually this is for the toilet cubicles and ceiling (5x4m), the 4 showers will be boarded with that plastic cladding "stuff". Basically think of a "shower room" in a youth hostel as opposed to a "shower".

Cheers

Tony

Reply to
enuff

Agree on the lack of need for plastering, butf you haven't already done your drylining, I wouldn't use plasterboard, it's not all that rigid or stable for tiling onto in an environment like a shower; plus if any water does manage penetrate through to the plasterboard, it spells disaster. Aquapanel or marine ply would be a much better bet; a lot dearer but less risky and will last longer.

David

Reply to
Lobster