Alternative to plastering

We have stripped some walls which are very pitted. I would rather not plaster the hole room as seems very over kill but its too much to just to fill and rub down. Is there something I could use to put a thin coat over the wall which will fill the fits

Thanks

Glenn

Reply to
glenn

Polyfiller (or Wickes cheap equivalent filler), mixed with water 'till it's fairly runny, and applied with a steel trowel (or filling knife if not too much area. Smooth it on, let it dry, remove ridges with fine paper on a block, done.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

blown vinyl wallpaper covers a multitude of sins.

Reply to
.

Quicker and cheaper to mix a bucketful of plasterboard adhesive and use a plastering trowel to fill the dints.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Yup. A steel trowel is the thing, filler is filler... depends on what he's got to do (hence the ref. to Wickes filler, which is cheapish). Perhaps one-coat might do? I haven't thought about using that before, do you think it'd do? Dunno if it'd rub off easily.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

you mean like a skim? One of us is confused here.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Polyskim, followed by a merry hour or ten of sanding.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I used some special "surface preparation" paint from B&Q that you apply with a roller, forget what it was called but came in a rectangular tub (Possibly made by Dulux). It was the consistency of thick porridge.

It did an OK job, imperfections less noticeable although still there.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Reply to