Alterations building control

Going to have my staircase moved which means a hole cut through a load of joists for the new staircase which are to be supported on a timber stud wall below. I have planning permission but the builder who quoted says I don't need building control officer to visit or even to involve them, is this right? TIA

Reply to
Vass

IMHO *very wrong*

AIUI you will need building regulations approval for both the new staircase itself and also the joist cuts, room layouts etc - and to

*current* regulations, as you are creating a new staircase.

I'm surprised you need planning permission though.

Owain

Reply to
Owain