alt.internet.talk.haven

Just found a vacant newsgroup that might suit a lot of us who post OT subjects in uk legal and the D-I-Y group. Shall we jump ship and use this group to save the annoyance of posters who don't like our posts? The subjects could be wide open, so no one can complain about OT posts. Any presently open subjects could be transferred.

Worth a try?

Anyone for it?

Reply to
Bod

I'm afraid I have been hitting the 'K' key on an awful lot of threads lately, and should resist the temptation to post to other "OT:" threads, I suspect it may be a bit futile, but worth a try ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Indeed, I'm only trying to help.

Reply to
Bod

Dunno. I went into one like that ages ago and it was boring.

Reply to
Ophelia

It will be like trying to standardise screw threads; you add a new one, but the originals still carry on in use.

Reply to
Nightjar

Ok

Reply to
Bod

Oh well, just an idea.

Reply to
Bod

Are wimmin allowed?

Reply to
Ophelia

Of course, all would be welcome.

Reply to
Bod

Problem is quite a few alt groups seem to be banished on some servers, or is it just they are not propagated as much thesedays. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

I wouldn't know, Brian.

Reply to
Bod

Sadly that is true. Its hard to turn around a swarm unless you have the queen with you. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Ha, I've never heard that one before. I like it.

Reply to
Bod

maybe david brooks (Devon)& his plods can join??

Reply to
burfordTjustice

maybe david brooks (Devon)& his plods can join??

Reply to
burfordTjustice

In message , Bod writes

I like the idea, but. There is always a but. To be honest, I think the OT posts would continue anyway, and I quite like some of the OT stuff. Bit like standing in a pub with a group of blokes (and girls!) really. Although this group (uk.d-i-y) tolerates OT posts and stretches the definition of DIY at times, I think it does amazingly well to continue pretty well on topic, as it has done for years. There are not that many Usenet groups worth subscribing to, now.

Reply to
News

I can only agree with all of that.

Reply to
Bod

Then why did you make your suggestion?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Do you understand what the word "suggestion" means? Everybody else seems to understand my "suggestion" but you.

Reply to
Bod

Who can stop you?

Reply to