Also...interior plastic door handles

My aged aunt has got off-white plastic lever-type door handles (no lock - just a rectangular plate with four screws through it) on all her interior doors but one has snapped off. Any ideas where I might find a replacement?

They're cheap and nasty but I'd like to find one which matches rather than replace the lot. Anyone got one in the shed? I'll get a photo of one for comparison if necessary.

Ta,

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

We might. Send a pic - you know the address.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Thanks Mary, I'll see her tomorrow so I'll take a pic then.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

My! that takes me back...Plastic handles on the doors in the 60's, ours where light green.

Reply to
ben

I can see why you'd want all the door handles in the hall or landing to match - I would, too - but does it matter if the handle inside a particular room is different to the ones in other rooms?

David

Reply to
Lobster

We aged aunts have some very odd preferences :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I dont think you will find any toyboys on here Missus. :-)

Reply to
ben

Exactly! There speaks a woman wot knows.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

They were still being used in 1978, apparently, when these flats were built. Every internal door is a fire door (because there's only one exit?) yet the handles are cheap tat and probably would have melted at the first sign of a fire.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

I have my own, I married him in 1960.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

All the plastic door handles I have ever seen (not in recent years) are of a Bakelite type thermoset plastic which would probably char rather than melt.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I hate to tell you but...thats not a toyboy its a bedwarmer. :-)

Reply to
ben

I really don't know why you bother to reply, you don't know anything.

Tell you what, I shan't read your posts and you don't read mine.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Fine by me. Lighten up did you not see the smiley.

Reply to
ben