Alpha CB33 Combi

Any ideas -

Not lighting Fan and pump running Orange light flashes every 5 seconds.

I hve checked front cover - it seems airtight and makes appropriate noises if loosened. (air rushes in)

Noticed the water trap on condensate pipe is empty - could this matter? Commissioning required 0.5 litre of water to be poured down flue. However I did put my hand over the condensate outlet pipe to see if it was spilling air and it didn't seem to make any difference.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Do you hear it try to light?

If not then it would suggest its not seeing the required prerequisites, like a tellback from the air pressure switch.

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

No attempt to light.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

So plausible explanations would be either the "proving" logic is stopping the ignition (e.g. air pressure switch or other tellback), or the igniter itself is shagged / disconnected...

Reply to
John Rumm

A fair summary.Not really aware of the logic for these boilers.Is the fan to purge unburned gas from the combustion chamber?

I am favouring the air pressure switch. Thought about shorting the contacts to try it but then thought - It ain't mine - let them get a service guy in to fix it.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Both of which should report an error code - and the OP is not getting one.

Reply to
ARW

You only need a miltimeter to test it.

Section D page 39

Reply to
ARW

Good idea - not too invasive. But it will not confirm if it is the switch - or an air leak.

Could the empty condesate trap be a clue? Is it worth struggling to try to fill it?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I would test the switch first. I am a bit surprised that no error codes are showing.

Reply to
ARW

"ARW" wrote in news:nko8oj$6hq$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Only the yellow LED every 5 seconds.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Son in law phoned to say he has fixed it! He raised the pressure. I had actually lowered it a bit as the gauge was above the green sector. Not convinced it wasn't a flewk.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

And low pressure should have given a fault code!

Hopefully that is it fixed.

Reply to
ARW

"ARW" wrote in news:nkub3r$ad$1@dont- email.me:

Not many indications on this model - only a couple of LEDs

Reply to
DerbyBorn