Alpha Boilers Any Good?

Alpha boilers any good?

Some one is asking at Money Saving Expert DIY section...

RedOnRed

Fair comment.

His main comments are...

Energy Smart -

- do a discounted range of boilers. I quite like the look of the Alpha CD24C condensing boiler to replace our old broken Ariston EuroCombi boiler.

Does anyone have any experience with the Alpha CD24C? Is it worth the extra money? Is it a good, reliable and easy to fit boiler? Will replacing the EuroCombi with an Alpha be a simple task?

Reply to
RedOnRed

answer this one question. I can't be doing with sites that require me to register!!! Point the guy to this newsgroup for his answer.

Rant over :o)

We had an Alpha CD32C and the 7-day wireless Easystat installed about 6 months ago so I obviously can't attest to it's longevity yet but they are certainly an excellent boiler. Very quiet in operation, very efficient, and they come with a 3-year warranty.

The CORGI guy who installed it was also saying that Alpha want the installers to go back to the installation just before the warranty period ends and give it a thorough service and a good inspection so as to minimize the chances of something failing "just out of warranty" - if anything is found to be suspect, it'll be replaced under the warranty before it expires.

I know it's only six months down the line but we're well pleased with it - thoroughly recommended.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve

Well done Red :o)

Unfortunately, I can't really answer his question other than very generally but as I said, I can thoroughly recommend Alpha boilers in general and yes, it was fairly easy to fit.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve

installed in April 2005 and it has dome us well. The plumber, installing the same, swears by them.

24C rates 47 on the SEDBUK gas boiler efficiency Table 90.7% Band A.

Alpha helplines are good, if you can get through, and they call you back the same day if the person cannot answer your query. Email query took a few days, which is why I short ciruited the system and phoned.

The stat has a minimum and max temperature setting which comfused me at first. The max operates in the time zone. The minimum comes into play outside of the time on setting to maintain the heat retained in the fabric of the building. I thought both max and min operated in the time period but not so.

Reply to
Trigger

I don't blame you.

Reply to
Trigger

on old Alpha Ocean boilers.

Angus

Reply to
Fentoozler

Ditto Ocean are crap, but the diaphragm was easy to change, just as well really as they need doing every two years.

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Alpha have got their act together producing a number of good boilers with long guarantees. If they are telling engineers to look for problems and fix them without a customer complaint then that is a very good sign indeed. Another company that produced some dogs was Ariston (EuroCombi), who now make some nice well specced boilers and also long guarantees too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel