Alluminium Tape on Celotex

I'm having a garden studio built. 4x2 Construction builders paper and shiplap on the outside, plaster board and plastered skim on the inside.

Insulation is 50mm Celotex. The plasterboard is Knauf Vapour Panel board.

Do I need to use aluminium tape all along the joins? That would be a big job - 16 rolls of tape?

I'm being told by the plasterer that it's not necessary - just put it on where there are gaps.

I do tend to over engineer stuff - if I were doing it I would tape it all!

Thoughts?

RzB

Reply to
RzB

tape it ALL.

air and windproofing makes a HUGE difference. Its also a vapour barrier.

use expanding foam on any big gaps.

The point is that you have a continuous air and vapour barrier over the whole room BEFORE any plasterboard.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But what about three pin sockets, light switches, and air space around down lighters? There is no seal there... Hmmm...

RzB

Reply to
RzB

downlighters use inverted flowerpots and seal with expanding foam..

everything else just seal with foam.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher