Alltronik/Henderson garage door remote control

Garage in house we're moving to has a Henderson 800 deluxe mark II remote control door opener.

It is operated by an Alltronik 27MHz handset. This is a grey box with a big red operator button and a lift off flap.

We know it works since we saw a car parked in the garage whilst viewing

But....

  1. No instructions were left by the previous owners :-(

Please can anyone supply basic instructions for either the Henderson unit and/or the Alltronik handset.

Yes, the 27MHz band is out of date, but I'd like to make the inherited system work before upgrading

  1. There must surely be a battery in the handset (PP3/MN1604.according to a battery web site).

The battery still seems to be active as a red light comes on if the operator button is pressed.but how do you expose it? The flap is too small.

  1. Any other information on either the Alltronik or Henderson 800/880 greatly appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
jim

How about asking a Henderson dealer?

What's under the flap, then? Maybe it's not the sort of battery that the website says. Though, it may be access to DIPswitches for setting a channel number. Or maybe the box just prises apart. Does it have a seam/gap all around the edge? If you look closely are there any signs that someone may previously have used a screwdriver or table knife to lever any of it apart?

Any chance of you posting a picture of one of the handsets?

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

Google is your friend! Try

If it's like mine, it works like this:

Push the button when the door is closed, and the door will start to open. If you do nothing else, it will stop when fully open.

Likewise, push the button when the door is open, and it will close.

If you push the button when the door is in motion, it will stop where it is - part-way open. When you then press it again, it will move in the opposite direction - i.e. if you stopped it while it was opening, a further press makes it move in the closing direction, and vice versa.

I'm somewhat confused about exactly what state yours is in. In one breath you say that you know it works (although having seen a car in the garage proves nothing!) and then, later, you say that you want to make it work - as though it doesn't currently work. Please clarify!

Reply to
Roger Mills

You haven't lost mains power to the door, or any silly thing like that, have you?

Reply to
Frank Erskine