Alloy scaffold towers?

I've used it a lot with the platform at 3.5 metres - it works well.

A decent Boss just went for £650 on eBay. I think my first job when I get one will be to put in a few ring bolts.

Reply to
newshound

No, because I'll be doing it for a day or so a week over the whole summer, and storage isn't a problem

Reply to
newshound

I paid a grand just to have one chimney scaffolded, when I had a builder in to rebuild it.

Reply to
newshound

Thanks for the observation; I used a professional steel tower on the dormers some 20 years ago, but I want something a bit easier to use, and I'll be moving it around gradually for most of the summer, I suspect. Scaffolding wouldn't be economic, it would buy me a fair number of Boss or similar towers.

Reply to
newshound

The message from "newshound" contains these words:

company to deal with. And these towers are cheaper from them than purchased direct from the manufacturers.

Browns are thoroughly recommended.

Reply to
Appin

I wonder what the builder paid the scaffolder :-) I paid £250 (in the south east) for a gable end wall. These guys are going to be short of work this summer

Reply to
Stuart Noble

In message , newshound writes

I've been considering a tower on and off. I've hired a professional alloy one before, but very torn deciding what sort of thing to go for, esp. steel or alloy. I'd need a platform height of about 5 metre to reach the gutters.

Presumably steel is a bit heavier, more prone to rust of not galvanised? anyone with experience of both care to share it. I'd be erecting it myself mostly.

I know I can use scaffolding or hire one, but it's difficult for me to find blocks of time to concentrate on a task. Jobs are more likely to be spread out.

Reply to
chris French

I'm going for alloy now because I found the the steel stuff quite heavy to put up. Also you have to do a bit of thumping with lump hammers particularly to get it apart. I'm expecting the alloy to be easier, because it has more "clips" and fewer "sockets".

Reply to
newshound